New Year’s Resolutions don’t start until January 1st, right? Whether you’re headed out to a New Year’s Eve celebration or ringing in the next decade from the comfort of your couch, you can bet these Coffee Maple Stout Brownies will delight. What’s better than a classic chocolate & coffee combo?! Just as good for breakfast as it is for dessert.
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup Nestle espresso chips
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) of Six Mile Bridge Coffee Maple Stout (reserve the other 8 ounces for your drinking pleasure)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Icing, sprinkles, or any other desired toppings.
Start by preheating the oven to 375° F and line a 9” x 13” pan with foil or grease it with butter.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt then set aside.
In a double boiler (a smaller pan in a larger pan of boiling water) melt the butter, bittersweet chocolate, and espresso chips while whisking constantly. One the mixture is completely melted and smooth, remove from the heat.
In a large mixing bowl or standing mixer, beat eggs and sugar on high until it’s very light and fluffy. Slowly add the chocolate mixture a little at a time until combined.
Next, add the flour mixture in ¼ cup increments until mixed.
Use a whisk to gently add the Coffee Maple Stout to the mixture. The batter will be thin.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and then carefully drop the semi-sweet chocolate chips over the top, evenly across the pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let the brownies cool completely before cutting or removing from the pan. Top with icing, sprinkles, nuts, or any other toppings you love.